Asparagus and Avocado WrapSubmitted by: KEEKBEAN
24 asparagus spears
1 ripe avocado pitted and peeled
1 tbsp lime juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 cups coked, cold brown long grain rice
3 tbsp plain non fat yogurt
3 wholewheat tortillas or flatouts
1/3 cup cilantro leaves
2 tbsp chopped red onion
2. In a small bowl, mash the avocado, lime juice, and garlic into a coarse puree.
3. In another small bowl, stir together the rice and yogurt to mix well.
4. Heat a dry large frying pan (not one with a nonstick surface) over medium heat. One at a time, heat the tortillas in the hot pan until softened, about 20 seconds per side.
5. Lay the tortillas flat on a clean work surface. Spread the avocado mixture equally among the tortillas. Top each with an equal amount of the rice mixture, asparagus, cilantro, and onion.
6. Fol in both sides and the bottom of each tortilla up over the filling, then roll to close. If made in advance, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Return to room temperature before serving.
7. To serve, cut each wrap in have crosswise.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KEEKBEAN.