Healthy Fish ChowderSubmitted by: YIYEHTOV
IntroductionThis colorful chowder is packed with nutrients! This colorful chowder is packed with nutrients!
* Onions, raw, cut into strips 300 grams
*Garlic, 5 cloves, sliced thin
* Butter, salted, 1 tbsp
* *Whole Wheat Flour, .2 tbsp
*Water, 3 cups
* chicken soup bullion powder, 1 tbsp
* Red Potato, peeled and diced, 140 grams (two small)
* Butternut Squash, peeled and diced, 340 grams (one medium)
* Yellow Peppers (bell peppers), diced, 150 grams (two medium)
* Carrots, raw, diced 86 grams (one large)
* Yellow Sweet Corn, Canned and drained, 250 grams (one small can)
* Dill weed, dried, .5 tbsp
*paprika, .5 tbsp
*Pepper, ground, .25 tsp
* *Emek Cheese 22% or part-skim mozzarella, 175 gram(s) (about two cups)
* Milk, 3.25%, 1 cup
* Cod (fish), cut into chunks, 500 grams
2. Mix in flour, then water.
3. Add in diced vegetables. Simmer until they're soft (about 1/2 hour).
4. Add in dill, pepper, paprika, canned corn, then cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
5. Add in milk and cod, and simmer until fish is cooked.
Makes 10 one-cup servings.
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user YIYEHTOV.