Beef Stroganoff-lo fatSubmitted by: LADONAB
1 lb. lean round steak
1 pkg Onion Soup mix, dry
Â½ c. raw onions, chopped
2 cloves minced onion
1 Â½ Tbsp. Olive oil
2 tbsps. dried or fresh parsley
1 tsp. Dried or fresh basil
Â½ c. fresh mushrooms, sliced
Â¾ C. water
1/8 C. red wine
2 Tbsps. cornstarch
3 Tbsp tomato paste.
Â½ c. fat free sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste.
2. Add beef and sautÃ© for additional 5 minutes. Turn to brown evenly. Remove from pan and keep hot.
3. Add remaining oil to pan; sautÃ© mushrooms.
4. Add beef and onions to pan with seasonings. Add wine and cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until it comes to a boil.
2. Mix Onion soup mix, all but 2 tbsp. water, and tomato paste together. Add to meat. Cook until meat is tender.
3. Mix cornstarch with 2 tbsp. Water. Gradually add to beef mixture, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened. Add sour cream & cook another 1-2 minutes
4. Serve over noodles
Makes 4 servings.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LADONAB.