Lower Sodium Squash SoupSubmitted by: WILDFLOWERR_
* *Progresso 100% Natural Chicken Broth - reduced sodium, 8 cup (remove)
* Butternut Squash, 684 grams (remove)
* Onions, raw, 1 large (remove)
* Apples, fresh, 1 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per l (remove)
* Pepper, black, .25 tsp (remove)
* *Ground Nutmeg, .25 tsp (remove)
* Garlic, 1 clove (remove)
In a large stock pot, combine broth, squash, onion and apple; cover pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Uncover pot and reduce heat to low; gently simmer until squash is very tender, about 10 minutes.
Puree soup in pot using an immersion blender (or puree in a regular blender in batches, careful not to splatter hot liquid). Season with pepper and nutmeg; serve.
Yields about 12 - 1 cup per serving.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user WILDFLOWERR_.