- Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 67.3
- Total Fat: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 19.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
Ancient Grains Granola Peanut ButterSubmitted by: KRAVMAGAGIRL
IntroductionThese pop-in-your-mouth wholegrain treats are fun to snack on and elegant to serve at a party.
They are easy to assemble – kids love to help – and there’s no baking involved – just chill the “bites” before serving. These pop-in-your-mouth wholegrain treats are fun to snack on and elegant to serve at a party.
They are easy to assemble – kids love to help – and there’s no baking involved – just chill the “bites” before serving.
* 1/2 c. unsalted natural peanut butter, at room temperature
* 1/2 c. pourable (not solid) honey
* 1/8 tsp. salt
* 1 1/2 c Nature's Path Granola (vanilla almond flavor), plus more if needed
* 1/2 c. chocolate chips
* 1/3 c. dried cranberries or cranberries
* Generous 1/3 c. finely grated dried coconut, preferably unsweetened
2. Place peanut butter in bowl of food processor. Pour honey on top and sprinkle with salt. Blend until smooth.
3. Add Ancient Grains Granola* and chocolate chips. Process until mixture begins to form a mass, about 30 seconds. If mixture doesn’t form a mass, add 1 to 2 heaping tbs. more granola and process a few seconds longer. Stir in cranberries.
4. Spread coconut out on a plate. Place a heaping teaspoon of granola mixture in your palms and roll into a ball. Roll ball in coconut to coat. Proceed with remaining mixture, setting “bites” about 1/2 inch apart on waxed paper as you go.
5. Refrigerate until chilled, about 40 minutes. If not using immediately, refrigerate in a closed container in layers divided by waxed paper for up to 1 week.
(NOTE: for my personal preference, I like to use carob instead of chocolate chips, and I only use fresh cranberries to avoid added refined sugars)
Number of Servings: 48
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KRAVMAGAGIRL.