- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 259.8
- Total Fat: 21.3 g
- Cholesterol: 141.9 mg
- Sodium: 139.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 5.0 g
Flourless Coconut PancakesSubmitted by: TARAMAY1
• 2 large eggs
• 1/4 cup heavy cream
• 2 tablespoons melted butter
• pinch of salt
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 3/4 cup finely ground shredded (desiccated) coconut*
2. In a separate bowl, mix the baking powder and ground coconut.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix gently until completely incorporated.
4. Heat a heavy bottom skillet over medium heat and melt a bit of butter or coconut oil.
5. Spoon batter into skillet, making one or two at a time. Take care to not let pancakes run into each other. Let cook until edges start to frill and brown, then flip gently once and let cook for another minute on other side.
6. Remove to serving dish and enjoy immediately as you would traditional pancakes.
Note: Leftover pancakes will keep in the fridge if covered with plastic wrap but will lose quite a bit of their "fluffiness." Definitely better if consumed right away.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TARAMAY1.