Frittata (1/8 slice)Submitted by: SHERITOFF
IntroductionGreat Healthy Breakfast or Lunch, or could act as a perfect Appetizer or Snack Great Healthy Breakfast or Lunch, or could act as a perfect Appetizer or Snack
* Spinach, frozen, 1 package (10 oz)
* Milk, 2%, 0.5 cup
* Egg, fresh, 4 large
* Egg substitute, liquid (All Whites), 0.5 cup
* Sun Dried Tomatoes, 15 piece
* Salt, 1 tsp
* Pepper, black, 1 tsp
* Minced Green Peppers (bell peppers), 4 tbsp
* Onions, raw, 1 cup, sliced
* Garlic, 3 cloves
* Parmesan Cheese, grated, 5 tbsp
* Sara Lee Beef Patrami, 1.6 oz
* Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
* Parsley, 3 tbsp
- In an oven proof 10" Skillet, fry Onions with Minced Garlic in one tbsp of Olive Oil until golden and soft.
- Add minced Green Pepper, mix well for an additional minute or so
- Add drained Spinach and fry for about 5 minutes, mixing well.
- Cut Pastrami into small pieces and add to the spinach mix.
- Cut sun dried tomatoes into small pieces, add to the skillet.
- Mix all ingredients well for about one more minute over heat.
- Meanwhile beat Eggs adding Egg White substitute, milk, minced parsley, salt, pepper.
- Add skillet mixture to beaten eggs mixture and combine well.
- Pour back all ingredients to the skillet and simmer over medium heat until the top of the eggs at the top nearly hardens.
- Sprinkle the top of the skillet with the cheese and put into a preheated oven (350 degrees).
- Leave until eggs are cooked through (about 15 minutes).
- Take out the skillet from the oven and divide the Frittata into 8 equal slices.
- Left over slices can be wrapped and kept in the fridge for up to one week.
- Heat in Toaster oven or Microwave and use as a quick snack or lunch any day of the week.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SHERITOFF.