- Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 558.4
- Total Fat: 50.8 g
- Cholesterol: 248.8 mg
- Sodium: 479.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 24.3 g
Low Carb Chicken Fried SteakSubmitted by: MARISSAM06
IntroductionThis is a really tasty low carb wet batter recipe, use for anything you would usually batter for a lower carb alternative This is a really tasty low carb wet batter recipe, use for anything you would usually batter for a lower carb alternative
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp of cream of tartar
2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp of onion powder
2 tbsp of soy flour
2 room temperature eggs
2 round steaks
1/4 cup of canola oil
1. Separate egg whites and yolks into 2 separate bowls.
2. Whip egg whites until foamy, add cream of tartar whip until stiff
3. Beat egg yolks and slowly fold egg yolks into egg whites being careful not to break down egg whites.
4. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl and slowly incorporate into egg mixture
5. gently fold in parmesan cheese
6. coat round steak in wet batter
7. fry in a frying pan until brown on both sides and inside at least 165 degrees F.
8. allow to drain on towels
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MARISSAM06.