Chicken ParmesanSubmitted by: TESSIEBEAN
1 lb chicken
1 C seasoned bread crumbs
2 eggs, beaten
2 T light olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 C marinara sauce
4 oz mozzarella cheese
crushed red pepper (optional)
2. Rinse chicken. Dip in beaten eggs, then coat with bread crumbs. Place in skillet.
3. Brown chicken on both sides, approx. 5 minutes (longer for thicker cuts).
4. Pour enough sauce into large baking dish to coat the bottom, approx .5 C. Arrange chicken in a single layer on top of sauce. Pour remaining sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with mozz.
5. Cover with foil and bake approx. 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove foil for last five minutes.
6. Best served over pasta with garlic bread on the side!
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TESSIEBEAN.