- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 193.7
- Total Fat: 6.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.3 mg
- Sodium: 304.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
Easy Banana Chocolate Chip MuffinsSubmitted by: STALEAN
IntroductionTasty muffins made healthy by adding flax meal. This recipe uses a special cooking/baking protein. Tasty muffins made healthy by adding flax meal. This recipe uses a special cooking/baking protein.
1box sugar-free yellow cake mix
22 grams Optimum Nutrition Any Whey protein
1/4 cup flax seed meal
1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup egg whites, slightly beaten
1/3 cup lowfat buttermilk
Update: Any Whey is a special cooking/baking protein blend. Most whey protein cannot be added to hot ingredients above 140 degrees without "curdling" or degrading the texture.
2. Lightly spray 12-cup non-stick muffin pan; set aside.
3. Combine cake mix, flax meal, whey protein and chocolate chips in large mixing bowl.*
4. In a large measuring cup, combine mashed bananas, egg whites, and buttermilk.
5 Add liquid ingredients to cake mix blend; stirring by hand until dry ingredients are combined; do not beat.
6. Spoon batter equally into muffin cups.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted into largest muffin comes out clean.
8. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove to cooling rack until thoroughly cooled before packaging, or eat right away!
*May also add 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts in Step 3. This is not included in nutrition info.