Clever Chicken Corn SoupSubmitted by: JUNKFOODVEGAN
IntroductionA zesty and slightly experimental spin on chicken corn soup. A zesty and slightly experimental spin on chicken corn soup.
- 16 oz. chicken breast (skinless/boneless), finely chopped or diced
- 16 oz. grape tomatoes, diced
- 2 2/3 cup frozen yellow corn, thawed
- 2 cups condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 TBSP Worstershire sauce
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- Garlic powder, garlic salt, onion powder, chili powder, and cilantro, to taste
- Toss tomatoes with spices and lime juice, and let set for a few minutes while chicken is cooking.
- When chicken is almost fully cooked, throw in tomatoes and stir while cooking.
- As tomatoes are very hot and start to soften, toss in corn and mix in with tomatoes and chicken, stirring frequently. Cook mixture for 5-10 more minutes.
- Pour chicken broth into mixture and stir. Allow to cook until boiling, then reduce to medium heat and continue to allow broth to simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in condensed cream of chicken soup, 1 cup at a time, while stirring. Once condensed soup and broth are well-blended, add milk and stir.
- Cover and let the soup cook on very low heat for a while, to let the flavors blend together.
- Serve immediately, or store in serving-size containers for later.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SCRIBBLEDIN.