- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 133.2
- Total Fat: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 51.3 mg
- Sodium: 485.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 10.5 g
Italian Turkey and Spaghetti Squash Pie by Foxy67Submitted by: FOXY67
Spaghetti Squash, 1 medium raw
Jennie-O Lean Ground Turkey, 8 oz
Onions, raw, 1 small
Garlic, 2 clove
Great Value Italian Diced Tomatoes, 29 oz
Ricotta cheese, fat-free, 6 oz
Italian Seasoning, 1 tsp
Egg, fresh, 1 large
Canola Cooking Spray, 1 serving
Best Choice Fat Free Shredded Mozzarella cheese, 0.5 cup
2. Cook Turkey, stirring occasionally, in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minnutes. Drain, remove from skillet and set aside.
3. In same skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and stir-fry unyil tender about 5 minutes. Stir in diced tomatoes and italian seasoning; bring to boil. Reduce heat; add cooked turkey and simmer, stirring often until desired consistency, about 5 minutes.
4. Mix together ricotta cheese and egg.
5. Coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. Using a fork, carefully rake stringy squash pulp from shell, seperating it into strands that look like spaghetti. Arrange spaghetti squash strands in bottom and up sides of pie plate to form a crust.
6. Add ricotta cheese mixture and gently spread over squash. Pour tomato-turkey sauce over cheese mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake for 20 mintues. Remove from oven and let stand 5 mintues before slicing into 6 pieces.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FOXY67.