- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 201.7
- Total Fat: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 4.9 mg
- Sodium: 250.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.5 g
- Protein: 9.9 g
Egg Noodles with Pumpkin SauceSubmitted by: NALLIE01
IntroductionGreat fall vegetarian recipe with more than your daily need of vitamin C! Great fall vegetarian recipe with more than your daily need of vitamin C!
* 1 cup onion, chopped fine
* 1.5 cup red bell pepper, chopped fine
* 2 large garlic cloves, minced
* 1/2 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
* 1 cup vegetable broth
* 1/2 cup water
* 2 tablespoons almond milk
* 6 oz egg noodles, whole wheat
* 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
* 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan as an accompaniment
Add the egg noodles to the sauce, cook the mixture over moderate heat, stirring and thinning the sauce as desired with some of the reserved cooking water (I rarely have to thin the sauce), for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the pasta is coated well, and stir in the parsley. Top with Parmesan and cover skillet for 1-2 minutes.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NALLIE01.