Turkey Curry CasseroleSubmitted by: CDHORBACH
IntroductionGreat meal to make the day before a busy day. Just pop it into the oven, heat and eat! Great meal to make the day before a busy day. Just pop it into the oven, heat and eat!
1 box Uncle Benís Long Grain and Wild Rice, any flavor
1 c diced turkey, cooked
5oz frozen broccoli
2 tbsp curry powder
Ĺ c onion, chopped
2 tsp garlic, minced
1 c 1% milk
3 tbsp flour
1 tbsp butter, unsalted
Salt and pepper to taste
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat a medium skillet to medium heat. Spray the skillet with cooking spray.
3. Stir together the cooked rice, turkey, broccoli and curry powder in a casserole dish.
4. Put the onion in the skillet and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic to the skillet. Stirring frequently, cook for about 1 minute. Add the milk. Let the mixture heat until the milk is simmering. Add the flour and whisk until the mixture becomes thick. It should coat the back of a spoon.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the butter. Stir until the butter is melted and incorporated. Add the milk mixture to the casserole. Stir together.
6. Bake the casserole at 350 degrees for thirty to forty minutes, or until heated all the way through. Serve with a green salad or fresh fruit. This recipe serves four.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CDHORBACH.