- Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 476.5
- Total Fat: 12.2 g
- Cholesterol: 93.2 mg
- Sodium: 1,590.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 34.0 g
Scratch the Hamburger Helper Cheesy JambalayaSubmitted by: TTFN-JENN
IntroductionThis is a twist on Hamburger Helper, I ran out of beef and milk, found my Jerk Seasoning and dug up a can of evaporated milk! This is a twist on Hamburger Helper, I ran out of beef and milk, found my Jerk Seasoning and dug up a can of evaporated milk!
- 1 package Hamburger Helper Cheesy Jambalaya (Noodles and Sauce Packs)
- 1 (12 oz) can Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 packs Perdue Perfect Portions Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- McCormick Caribbean Jerk Seasoning - Sweet & Spicy
- Preheat skillet to medium-low heat.
- Cut chicken breasts into chunks according to desired size. If leaving large, add additional breasts to add filling to pan.
- Add chicken to heated skillet and immeditaly sprinkle with jerk seasoning. Season before adding to skillet for a stronger flavor.
- Cook chicken about 5 minutes or until all pieces have browned.
- Stir in water, evaporated milk, noodles and sauce pack to sauce pan.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and uncover (sauce will thicken as it stands). As packaged serving size = 1 cup: 288 Calorites / 7.4g Fat / 962mg Sodium / 33.2g Carbs / 20.4g Protein
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TTFN-JENN.