Apple CakeSubmitted by: DOREMCDON
IntroductionThis recipe is from the "Simply in Season" cookbook, page 271. This recipe is from the "Simply in Season" cookbook, page 271.
5 c chopped apples, unpeeled
1 1/3 c sugar
1/2 c oil
1 c whole wheat flour
1 c flour
2 t baking soda
2 t cinnamon
1 t salt
1 c chopped nuts
2/3 c brown sugar
1/4 c milk
1 T flour
1/3 c powdered sugar
2. Beat together eggs, oil, and vanilla in small bowl.
3. Mix flours, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nuts in 3rd bowl.
4. Alternate mixing flour and egg mixtures into apples.
5. Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Bake 50-60 min in preheated 350 degree oven. (Toothpick comes out clean.)
6. While cake bakes, bring brown sugar, flour, and milk to a boil, remove from heat, whisk in powdered sugar, drizzle over hot cake.
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DOREMCDON.