Caribbean Banana MuffinsSubmitted by: EZBROWN
Caribbean Banana Nut Muffins
½ C butter
3/4 C sugar
4 ea eggs whites
¼ C milk, low fat
2 C flour
1 t baking soda
½ t salt
3 ea Bananas, ripe, mashed
1 T butter, melted
1 T sugar
½ t cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Cream butter and sugar in large bowl.
3. Beat in egg whites, one at a time & add in milk.
4. In a separate bowl sift dry ingredients together
5. Fold dry ingredients into creamed butter mixture.
6. In separate bowl mashed bananas
7. Stir bananas into flour/sugar mixture.
8. Line muffin pans with paper.
9. Pour batter equally into muffin pans about 2/3’s full. Wipe excess batter off of muffin pans.
10. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean.
11. Remove muffins from muffin pan & place muffins on a cooling rack to cool.
12. For Topping: Melt tbsp. of butter in small bowl. Mix sugar & cinnamon together in another small bowl.
13. While muffins are warm, brush melted butter over top and sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture.
Yield: 18-24 Muffins
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user EZBROWN.