- Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 181.7
- Total Fat: 6.5 g
- Cholesterol: 26.7 mg
- Sodium: 100.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 4.3 g
Chocolate Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips, Coconut and AlmondsSubmitted by: KDKOSMO
IntroductionKind of followed a recipe from another user on Spark while changing some of the ingredients and adding others. It's in the oven now - we'll see how it turns out! Kind of followed a recipe from another user on Spark while changing some of the ingredients and adding others. It's in the oven now - we'll see how it turns out!
* Almonds, 1 cup, sliced (remove)
* *Flour, white, 1.75 cup (remove)
* Cocoa, dry powder, unsweetened, .25 cup (remove)
* Granulated Sugar, .5 cup (remove)
* Coconut, raw, .25 cup, shredded (remove)
* Baking Powder, 1 tsp (remove)
* Baking Soda, .25 tsp (remove)
* Salt, .25 tsp (remove)
* Egg, fresh, 2 large (remove)
* *Fit & Active Nonfat Plain Yogurt, .5 cup (remove)
* Banana, fresh, 2.5 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) (remove)
* Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp (remove)
* *Nestle Semi Sweet Chocolate Chip Morsels (1 tbsp), 8 serving (remove)
Place the nuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 6-8 minutes or until lightly toasted. Let cool and then chop coarsely.
In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla. With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, lightly fold the wet ingredients (banana mixture) into the dry ingredients until just combined and batter is thick and chunky. Fold in the nuts, coconut and chocolate chips. Scrape batter into prepared pans. Bake until bread has risen and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40-50 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool and then remove the bread from the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KDKOSMO.