- Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 41.2
- Total Fat: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 95.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.0 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
Gingerbread Cookies, Sugar FreeSubmitted by: KDEVEAU76
IntroductionMy kids beg me to make these soft and delicious treats. My kids beg me to make these soft and delicious treats.
Olivio Light, olive oil spread
Splenda Granulated Sugar Blend
Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
Walden Farm's Pancake Syrup - Sugar free & Calorie free
Pillsbury Sugar Free Vanilla Frosting
1. In a saucepan, combine the Olivio, Splenda sugar, Splenda brown sugar, W.F. syrup and vinegar; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; cool to lukewarm (very important so as to not cook the egg when adding). Stir in egg.
2. Combine the Carbquik, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, allspice or apple pie spice & cloves and salt; stir syrup mixture gently in to form soft dough. The dough will begin to pull from side of bowl forming a soft ball. Note: It is normal if this dough feels slightly wetter and stickier than you are used to.
3. Divide dough into thirds. Shape each portion into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
5. Once oven is heated remove one section of dough from fridge (one section makes approx. 12 cookies). Roll dough into approx 1” balls and press to thickness of no more than 1/4” (these cookies will rise a lot during the baking process), place on non-stick baking sheet 1-2” apart. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from baking sheet to cooling rack immediately. Allow baking sheet to cool completely between sets of cookies, setting it outside for a minute works quite well this time of year and allows for shorter time between baking cookies.
6. Put frosting in small microwave safe bowl and warm for approx. 15 seconds or until just melted. Take completely cooled cookies turn upside down and dip top in frosting. Let excess drain and place on cooling rack to set.
Number of Servings: 48
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KDEVEAU76.