Twice Baked PotatoesSubmitted by: STUBBSKID69
IntroductionThis is great way to use left-over potatoes. I've made this using fat free buttermilk, but I didn't have any. I make mashed potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese, so I thought I would try it with this recipe. This is great way to use left-over potatoes. I've made this using fat free buttermilk, but I didn't have any. I make mashed potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese, so I thought I would try it with this recipe.
4 medium potatoes (white or yukon are the best)
2 tsp of reduced fat sour cream
2 tsp of light cream cheese
1/4 cup of fat free milk (I actually only used about 1/4 of a 1/4 cup)
Black pepper and salt to taste
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 tsp margarine
2. Place on baking sheet and cook in oven for 60 minutes @ 400*.
3. Test potatoes to make sure they are soft but not too soft.
4. Slice potatoes lengthwise and use knife to make horizontal and vertical cuts on the inside of the potato. Careful to not cut all the way through. Use a spoon to scoop insides out leaving a 1/4" of potato. Put potato scooping into a mixing bowl.
5. Add other ingredients (sour cream, cream cheese, milk, margarine and seasonings) to bowl.
6. Mix all ingredients together and mash potatoes to desired creaminess. For this recipe, I like the potatoes a little lumpy, but you can use a potato masher or hand blender to remove all the lumps.
7. Scoop 2-3 tablespoons of mixture in the potato skins.
8. Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes @ 400*.
(Makes 8 1/2 potato servings.)
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user STUBBSKID69.