FrikadellenSubmitted by: UMYERS
IntroductionGerman meat patties German meat patties
Egg, fresh, 1 large
Paprika, 0.50 tsp
Yellow Mustard, 3 tsp or 1 packet
Olive Oil, 3 tbsp
Onions, raw, 1 medium (2-1/2" dia)
Parsley, 1 cup
Ground beef, extra lean, 500
Hard Rolls, 1 roll (3-1/2" dia)
Ketchup, Heinz, 1 tbsp
Salt and Pepper to taste (I add 1/2 Tsp Salt and a dash of pepper
2. Chop parsley and onion fine and add with the eggl 1 TBSP Olive Oil, Mustard, Ketchup, Paprika into a bowl and mix.
3. Add the roll (or breadcrumbs) and add the ground beef and the egg and mix well
4. Add Salt and Pepper to taste
5. Form balls making sure they are approximately the same size
6. Add to preheated pan (with the 2 TBSP) of Olive Oil and flatten them so they will heat through better
7. Cook approximately 8 minutes on each side. Push slightly with a spoon to test for done-ness. If no blood appears they are done. Or use a meat thermometer (160 degress)
To save more fat/calories, heat them in less oil or cook on barbeque.
Excellent served with Red Cabbage and Parsley Potatoes.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user UMYERS.