Sausage & Shrimp GumboSubmitted by: PAZSOX
IntroductionI absolutely love this recipe!
I had it with rice instead of bread, and it was fantastic! I absolutely love this recipe!
I had it with rice instead of bread, and it was fantastic!
1. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2. 1 red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
3. 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
4. 1 celery rib, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
5. 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
6. 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
7. Salt and freshly ground pepper
8. 1/2 pound andouille sausage or spicy kielbasa, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
9. 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
10. 4 cups chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
11. 2 thyme sprigs
12. 3/4 pound shelled and deveined medium shrimp
13. 1 scallion, thinly sliced
14. 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
2. Add the shrimp and scallion to the saucepan, season lightly with salt and simmer, stirring, until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through, about 2 minutes longer. Discard the thyme sprigs. Stir the parsley into the gumbo and serve at once.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PAZSOX.