- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 158.1
- Total Fat: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 3.3 mg
- Sodium: 110.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 5.9 g
Arroz con Leche (rice pudding Island Style)Submitted by: BLEACHFANS
IntroductionThis takes me back when I was a child and my Tia (aunt) made this every time she came to vacation with us from NY. What sweet memories This takes me back when I was a child and my Tia (aunt) made this every time she came to vacation with us from NY. What sweet memories
Skim Milk, 4 cup (Non-Fat Milk)
White Rice, long grain, 1/2 cup
Raisins, 1/4 cup, packed
Salt, 1 pinch
Granulated Sugar, 1/2 cup (put in less if doing it with the orange peel)
*Cinnamon stick, 1 stick
Lemon or Orange Peel, 1
Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp
2. Add the raisins and sugar and simmer for another 15 minutes. Stir often so it wont stick to the bottom.
3. Remove from heat and add the butter and vanilla.
4. remove cinnamon stick & lemon or orange peel and serve. You can eat it hot or cold. You can also sprinkle some ground cinnamon on top.
- makes 6 servings, but its so good it will probably end up being less ;)
- Please note the orange peel actually tastes better to me, makes it taste sweeter. But if you want it to taste less sweet, do the lemon peel.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BLEACHFANS.