Maria's Corn Chowder
1 tbsp Smart Balance Omega Plus Buttery Spread
1/2 C Yellow Onion, chopped
1/3 C Carrots, chopped
1/3 C Celery, chopped
2 C Sweet Corn
3 1/2 C Fat Free Skim Milk
1 Medium Potato, peeled and diced
1 Bay Leaf
3/4 C Green Beans, cut in 1 inch segments
3/4 C Bell Pepper, chopped
1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
2. Add onion and saute for 4 - 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Add carrot and celery and cook 4 - 5 minutes more.
4. Add milk, potato and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover the pot and cook for 10 minutes. (Make sure the heat is low enough to prevent scalding the milk on the bottom of the pan.)
5. Discard the bay leaf. Raise the heat to medium, add the corn, green beans and peppers and slowly bring to a boil again.
6. Turn down heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
7. Add thyme during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Serving Size: approximately 2 1/4 C
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MARIA_VIGS.