- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 283.4
- Total Fat: 12.2 g
- Cholesterol: 44.4 mg
- Sodium: 499.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 19.1 g
Turkey & Veggie Pizza on Whole Wheat Crust with Mozzarella CheeseSubmitted by: CURVES_N_CURLS
IntroductionMmmm! Another yummy pizza based on Jenny's whole wheat pizza crust. :) [Created 2007-09-11] Mmmm! Another yummy pizza based on Jenny's whole wheat pizza crust. :) [Created 2007-09-11]
For one cookie sheet size pizza use:
â€¢ Jenny's Whole Wheat Pizza Dough RECIPE (For calculating pizzas - see my other recipes for ingredients and directions!)
â€¢ 1 can (Unico Garlic & Basil) Pizza Sauce, 213ml / 7.5 fl. oz.
â€¢ 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
â€¢ Freshly ground Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste (NOT in nutritional calculations!)
â€¢ 530g Extra Lean Minced Turkey (President's Choice)
â€¢ 105g Onions, chopped
â€¢ 6 cloves Garlic, chopped
â€¢ 235g Mushrooms, sliced
â€¢ 180g Spinach, fresh, torn
â€¢ 400g Red Ripe Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
â€¢ 270g Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
â€¢ 1 tbsp. Canola Oil (for coating the cookie sheet before baking!)
2. Pre-cook the ground turkey in a skillet, and set aside.
3. Using a large skillet or wok (I prefer the wok), sautee all the vegetables for a few minutes(except the spinach and tomatoes) in the tablespoon of olive oil with a bit of salt and black pepper.
4. Add the tomatoes and spinach, and sautee for a minute or two more, or until the spinach wilts and shrinks down a bit. Remove vegetables from the heat.
5. Roll the pizza dough out onto a large, OILED cookie sheet.
6. Spread the can of pizza sauce on the prepared pizza dough.
7. Add a bit of the shredded mozzarella cheese to the prepared crust.
8. Evenly spread the cooked ground turkey over the crust.
9. Evenly spread the sauteed vegetables over the crust.
10. Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese. You can add the pinch of Italian seasoning if you like for colour and 'oomph'! :)
11. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes.
12. Remove from oven, let stand a few minutes, and slice into 12 equal pieces.
13. Enjoy! :)
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CURVES_N_CURLS.