Sunny Day GranolaSubmitted by: FRSTNOEL
IntroductionThis is a variation of a granola recipe I found online and ended up modifying for my tastes. I love it as a quick snack or in yogurt. This is a variation of a granola recipe I found online and ended up modifying for my tastes. I love it as a quick snack or in yogurt.
5 1/2 cups of rolled oats
1/2 cup sunflower seeds (hulled & unsalted)
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
3 tbsp golden flax seed
3/4 tsp of salt
1/4 light brown sugar
2 tbsp real maple syrup
1/4 cup+ 2 tbsp of honey
1/2 cup canola oil
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup dried fruit (I mixed cherries/cranberry & golden raisins)
1) Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2) In roasting pan combine the oats, sunflower seeds, flax and pecans.
3) In small saucapan stir together the salt, brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, oil, cinammon & vanilla. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
4) Pour over dry ingredients in roasting pan and mix well.
5) Bake in the oven about 40-50 minutes, stir once halfway through.
6) Cool, then stir in dried fruit before storing in airtight container. I find it best to keep it in the refrigerator!
Number of Servings: 48
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FRSTNOEL.