IntroductionWith a Press-In-The-Pan crust and easy-mix crumb topping, making a pie is a snap. With a Press-In-The-Pan crust and easy-mix crumb topping, making a pie is a snap.
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup Heart Smart Bisquick Mix
- 1/6 cup packed Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/4 cup firm light margarine
- 1 cup Heart Smart Bisquick Mix
- 1/4 cup light margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup packed raisins
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 4 cups sliced peeled pears (about 3 medium)
- Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix oats, 1/2 cup Bisquick mix and the brown sugar. Cut in 1/4 cup firm butter with fork or pastry blender until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix 1 cup Bisquick mix and 1/4 cup softened butter. Add boiling water; stir vigorously until very soft dough forms. In ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate, press dough firmly, using fingers dusted with Bisquick mix and bringing dough onto rim of pie plate. Flute edge if desired.
- In 2-quart saucepan, mix pineapple juice, raisins, cornstarch, nutmeg and ginger. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in pears. Spoon into pie plate. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until crust and topping are light golden brown.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Pears rock hard? To speed up the ripening process, place them in a paper bag with an apple. Pierce the bag in several places with the tip of a knife, and leave at room temperature.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TTFN-JENN.