- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 186.2
- Total Fat: 9.8 g
- Cholesterol: 23.5 mg
- Sodium: 593.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 8.7 g
Creamy Vegetable Chowder recipeSubmitted by: SPARKHEBA
3/4 cups diced potatoes
1 cups chopped onions
1/4 cup green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup peeled and diced carrots
1/2 cup zucchini, diced
1/4 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
1 celery ribs, diced
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 cups milk
1/2 cups water or basic light vegetable stock
1/2 tablespoon canola oil or other vegetable oil
1/2 cheddar cheese, grated
1 ounce neuchatel cheese or cream cheese
1/2 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
3/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2. Stir in the celery, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until just soft.
3. Add the potatoes, carrots, water or stock, bay leaf, thyme, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes (until the vegetables are just tender).
4. With a slotted spoon or strainer, remove about 1 1/2 cups of the cooked vegetables and set aside in a blender or food processor.
5. Add the bell peppers, green beans and zucchini to the soup pot and cook for about 5 minutes (until the green beans are tender).
6. Stir in the peas and parsley, simmer for about 2 more minutes, then remove from the heat.
7. Discard the bay leaf.
8. Puree the reserved vegetables with the milk and cheeses to make a smooth sauce.
9. Stir the sauce into the soup and gently reheat.
10. Serve the soup hot.
* i used 75 grams of cheddar and i did not use any cream cheese.
* i added vegetable stock instead of water and i did not add any salt but u can add some according to your preference.
* timing is very important to keep the vegetables crunchy and just tender
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CRIMSONDATURA.