Eggetable ScrambleSubmitted by: STUBBSKID69
Introduction10 grams of protein and only 175 calories! Extremely satisfying and filling! 10 grams of protein and only 175 calories! Extremely satisfying and filling!
1 extra large Egg
2 Egg whites
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tsp of EVOO
1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes
Salt & Pepper to taste
2. Add EVOO to non-stick skillet. Let the pan warm up.
3. Add the onions and garlic. Cook over medium heat until the onions start to become opaque.
4. While the onions are cooking, add egg and 2 egg whites to a bowl and whisk with a fork. Add salt and pepper as desired.
5. Add mushrooms to onions & garlic. Cook the mushrooms for a few minutes.
6. Pour the egg and egg whites over the top of the veggies.
7. Cook and flip the mixture until the eggs are cooked completely. There shouldn't be any liquid from the eggs.
8. Sprinkle the chopped tomatoes over the eggs and veggies.
9. Divide the scramble in half and serve.
(For extra flavor, add sour cream or salsa to the eggs after they are cooked. 2 tbsp of fat free sour cream adds 20 calories.)
"Makes 2 servings"
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user STUBBSKID69.