Egg fried rice with prawnsSubmitted by: PENFOLDROCKS
150g raw king prawns
100g frozen peas, defrosted
1 egg, beaten
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp groundnut oil
300 g long grain rice, cooked and drained
70g cooked ham, finely diced
0.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
3 tbsp spring onions, white part only, finely chopped
2. Mix the eggs and sesame oil in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Heat the wok until it is very hot. Add the oil and when it is almost at smoking point, add the cooked rice and stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
4. Add the ham, prawns, peas, salt and pepper and fry for 5 minutes over a high heat.
5. Add the egg and stir-fry for another minute.
6. Tip in the spring onions cook for 2 minutes, or until the eggs have set. Turn the rice on to a plate and garnish with spring onions.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PENFOLDROCKS.