- Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 152.0
- Total Fat: 3.8 g
- Cholesterol: 8.9 mg
- Sodium: 200.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
Sweet Potato and Turnip MashSubmitted by: PIEGRRL
IntroductionEasy to make as a side dish with a roast--can be in the oven with the roast and mashed when the roast is done. Easy to make as a side dish with a roast--can be in the oven with the roast and mashed when the roast is done.
* Sweet potato, 4 cup, cubes
* Turnips, 4 cup, cubes
* Granny smith apple - 1 med. apple, 3 serving
* Cranberries, dried, sweetened (craisins), 1 cup
* Butternut Squash, 1.5 cup, cubes
* Brown Sugar, .33 cup, packed
* Butter, unsalted, .5 stick cut into cubes
* Salt, 1 tsp
Peel potatoes, squash, apples and turnips. Cut them all into cubes and place in a large baking pan. Top with the cranberries, brown sugar and salt, and mix it all together. Top with the cubes of butter.
Cook this for 45 minutes or until everything is soft. Mash using a hand masher--leave it lumpy, cuz it's yummier that way! :) Enjoy!
Number of Servings: 14
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PIEGRRL.