Lemon Broccoli RisottoSubmitted by: BLABLABLA32
4 cups Vegetable Broth
2 cups water
1lb broccoli, cut into flowerets, quartered if large, and stems cut into 1/2-inch dice
1tsp freshly grated lemon zest
1tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 small onion, chopped fine
1 small garlic clove, minced
1tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 cups arborio rice
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
2. Transfer the flowerets with a skimmer to a bowl and reserve them.
3. To the simmering broth add the broccoli stems, the zest, and the lemon juice and simmer the mixture for 5 minutes.
4. While the stems are cooking, in a large heavy saucepan cook the onion and the garlic in the oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until the onion is softened and stir in the rice, stirring until each grain is coated with the oil.
5. Add 1/2 cup of the simmering broth, stems included, and cook the mixture over moderately high heat, stirring constantly, until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding the broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly and letting each portion be absorbed before adding the next, until the rice is tender but still al dente. (The rice should take about 20 minutes to become al dente).
6. Sir in the reserved broccoli flowerets and simmer the risotto, stirring, until the flowerets are heated through.
7. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KIRST110.