- Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 202.1
- Total Fat: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol: 42.2 mg
- Sodium: 838.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.8 g
- Protein: 21.5 g
Chicken, red beans & rice (slow cooker)Submitted by: FANGFACEKITTY
IntroductionFor slow cookers. Prep time will vary depending on type of beans used (dried & canned). I used dried in this recipe. For slow cookers. Prep time will vary depending on type of beans used (dried & canned). I used dried in this recipe.
1 lb chicken, partially thawed & cut into strips
2 cans (10.75 oz each) diced tomatoes w/ green chilis
2 cups dried red beans (or 1 can red beans)
1 cup dry white rice
1/2 yellow onion
3 cloves garlic
2.5 cups water w/ 1 teaspoon chicken flavoring (bouillon)
1 tablespoon dried cilantro
1 teaspoon lime juice
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2. Cut up chicken into strips.
3. Puree/Blend diced tomatoes in blender/food processor.
4. Dice onion & garlic in food processor.
5. Place chicken, tomatoes, garlic & onion into slow cooker.
6. Add rice & beans.
7. Add water w/ chicken bouillon.
8. Add cilantro & lime juice, salt & pepper.
9. Mix together & cook on low for 7-8 hours.
Number of Servings: 7
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FANGFACEKITTY.