- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 402.4
- Total Fat: 17.9 g
- Cholesterol: 114.6 mg
- Sodium: 864.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.1 g
- Protein: 44.1 g
Zucchini Lasagna (Lasagne) - Low CarbSubmitted by: JELLYSANDWICH
o 2 1/2 cups zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick ( about 2 medium)
o 1/2 lb lean ground beef ( I use 1 lb.)
o 1/4 cup onions, chopped
o 2 small tomatoes, cut up
o 1 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
o 1 garlic cloves, minced
o 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
o 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
o 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
o 1/4 cup water
o 1/8 teaspoon pepper
o 1 eggs
o 3/4 cup low fat cottage cheese ( or low fat or fat free ricotta)
o 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded ( I use 8 oz. divided)
o 1 teaspoon flour
2. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered 10 minutes or until reduced to 2 cups.
3. In small bowl slightly beat egg.
4. Add cottage cheese, half of shredded cheese and flour.
5. In (1 1/2-qt.) baking-roasting pan arrange half of the meat mixture. Top with half of the zucchini and all the cottage cheese mixture. Top with remaining meat and zucchini.
6. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JELLYSANDWICH.