Mexican Chicken BakeSubmitted by: CHICAGOBEAN
IntroductionA quick easy one dish chicken meal A quick easy one dish chicken meal
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts - cut in half to yield four thin long portions
2 cups salsa of your choice
1 T and 1 tsp ground cumin
1 T and 1 tsp chili powder
1 T and 1 tsp lemon juice
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 c cheddar cheese (optional)
** You can also add a diced green pepper, or additional onion if desired
2. Arrange chicken pieces in a 9x13 baking dish.
3. In bowl combine salsa, cumin, chili powder, lemon juice, garlic, black beans and any additional vegetables if desired.
4. Pour the mixture over the chicken leaving chicken covered.
5. Cover with foil and bake in oven for 45-60 minutes. Due to thinness of chicken pieces begin to check doneness at 40-45 minutes. Chicken should be cooked through but still tender, salsa should be bubbly and beans heated through.
6. If desired, uncover and sprinkle cheese on top of bake. Place in over for an additonal 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Serve over rice or with tortilla chips.
Makes 4 1-cup servings. (Enough to feed two hungry people)
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CHICAGOBEAN.