Creamy Tuna NoodlesSubmitted by: HSINGER
IntroductionAll in one dish dinner. Creamy tuna pasta with a wonderful crunchy top. All in one dish dinner. Creamy tuna pasta with a wonderful crunchy top.
Egg Noodles, enriched, 16 oz ( cooked as directed )
Heavy Whipping Cream, 1.5 cup
Monterey Cheese, .5 cup, shredded
Butter, unsalted, .75 stick
Flour, white, .25 cup
Lemon grass (citronella), fresh, 1 tsp
Dill weed, dried, 1 tsp
Paprika, 1 tsp
Tuna, Canned in Water, 2 can
Peas, frozen, 0.5 cup
Scallions, 3 medium (4-1/8" long) sliced
Onions, raw, .5 cup, chopped
Panko Italian Season - 1/4 cup
Garlic, 3 cloves
2. Cook noodles as directed.
3. While noodles are cooking, place butter, lemon grass, and dill in a small sauce pan heat on low for about 10 minuets.
4. Strain butter through cheese cloth or fine strainer .
5. Put strained butter back in the pan and saute onion until soft.
6. Add scallions and garlic and heat for about 1 minuet or until warm.
7. Add flour and cook on medium heat until slightly browned.
8. Whisk in cream slowly. Heat until warmed.
9. Add peas and cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Allow to heat through.
10. Place noodles and drained tuna into baking dish. Add sauce and mix well.
11. Sprinkle seasoned Panko over top.
12. Place in oven for 30 minuets or until sauce is bubbling and panko is golden brown.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HSINGER.