Sweet & Sour SoybeansSubmitted by: J-HANSEN
IntroductionA tasty Vegetarian Dish, made with Soybeans. A tasty Vegetarian Dish, made with Soybeans.
* Cornstarch, 1 tbsp
* Brown Sugar, .25 cup, packed
* Ginger, ground, .25 tsp
* Soy sauce (tamari), 2 tbsp
* Vinegar, .25 cup
* Pineapple Juice, .5 cup (drained from pineapple chunks)
* Canola Oil, 2 tbsp
* Green Peppers (bell peppers), 1 cup, chopped
* Onions, raw, 1 cup, chopped
* Carrots, raw, 1 cup, strips or slices
* Garlic, 3 tsp
* Broccoli, frozen, 1 lb package
* Soybeans, 1 cup (cooked and drained)
* Pineapple Chunks in 100% Pineapple juice , 1 cup
* Ketchup, 2 tbsp
Add the oil to a skillet with deep sides (chicken fryer pan), and saute all vegetables until crisp-tender.
Add Soybeans (these are dried soybeans cooked previously), pineapple chunks, and ketchup.
Cook until the sauce bubbles and everything is coated.
Serve over rice. (We use 50/50 white/brown rice made in the rice cooker)
This recipe is originally from the "More-With-Less" Cookbook by Doris Janzen Longacre, but I have made some modifications.
Makes ~8 servings.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user J-HANSEN.