- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 102.9
- Total Fat: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 19.5 mg
- Sodium: 240.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
'Down Home' Nova Scotian Blueberry PancakesSubmitted by: YAMAHANANA
* Whole Wheat Flour, 1 1/2 cups
* Brown Sugar, 2 tbsp.
* Baking Powder, 3 tsp.
* Salt, 1/2 tsp.
* Egg, 1 large
* Milk, 1 %, 1 3/4 cups
* Canola Oil, 2 tbsp.
* Wild Blueberries, frozen, 3/4 cup (About 85g.)
- Put the last 3 ingredients in another bowl and stir.
- Next, place the liquid into the dry ingredients, but don't over mix. Just blend until all the dry ingredients are mixed into the liquid. A few lumps do not matter, in fact this makes a great pancake.
- Add the blueberries and blend in.
- Heat up your frying pan or griddle to a temperature where a drop of cold water on it will dance on the surface of your pan. (I use a canola spray on the pan for the first pancakes cooked then no more.)
- Take 1/4 cup of batter, and bake until surface is covered with bubbles and edges lose their glossy sheen. Turn and bake until golden brown.
- Serve hot with butter and syrup, or jam or whatever you like on them.
- Makes 12 pancakes.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user YAMAHANANA.