- Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 267.6
- Total Fat: 13.7 g
- Cholesterol: 41.9 mg
- Sodium: 76.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 2.0 g
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cupcake with Key Lime Buttercream FrostingSubmitted by: BRITTANIA17
For the cake (makes 36-40 cupcakes or 3 9" cake pans)
12 oz. (1-1/2 cups) unsalted butter, softened; more for the pans
14 oz. (3-1/2 cups) cake flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. kosher salt
2-1/3 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1-1/2 cups buttermilk, at room temperature
6-1/2 oz. white chocolate, chopped (1-1/3 cups)
4 oz. (1 cup) chopped toasted macadamia nuts
For the frosting:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons Key lime zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar
3 tablespoons Key lime juice
1 to 2 Tbsp. milk
1. Heat the oven to 350°F. Prepare cupcake tins (or cake pans)
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Scrape down the bowl. Add the vanilla and then the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Add about one-third of the flour mixture and mix on low speed until incorporated. Add half of the buttermilk and mix until incorporated. Continue adding the flour mixture and the buttermilk, alternating between the two and ending with the flour. The batter will be thick and glossy. Fold in the white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
5. Bake 15-18 minutes.
For the frosting:
1. Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
2. Gradually add powdered sugar alternately with Key lime juice, 1 Tbsp. at a time, and 1 Tbsp. milk, beating at low speed until blended and smooth after each addition. Beat in up to 1 Tbsp. additional milk for desired consistency.
(add food color if desired)
Number of Servings: 40
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BRITTANIA17.