Chicken ParmesanaSubmitted by: TTFN-JENN
IntroductionA great way to eat like an Italian without the fat! A great way to eat like an Italian without the fat!
Makes 2 servings - Depending on breading style, no need to double breading for larger servings. ((Start with what you've got and make more if you run out.))
- 2 servings Perdue Perfect Portions Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup Progresso Bread Crumbs, Italian Style
- 1/4 cup Kraft Parmesan Finely Grated Cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano powder
- 1 can (6 oz) Hunt's Tomato Paste, no salt added
- 1 1/2 cans (6 oz) water
- 1 packet Spaghetti Powder Mix Mix
- 1/2 cup Italain Four Cheese, Finely Shredded
- 4 tbsp Kraft 100% Grated Parmesan & Romano Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400Â°F.
- In ziplock baggy add dry ingredients for chicken and mix together.
- Bread chicken by placing 1 breast at a time into bag, securing and shaking until completely covered. ((OPTIONAL: Dipping breasts in oil prior to breading will cause thicker breading.))
- Place in glass baking casserole dish and cover. Bake covered for 30 minutes.
- In medium sauce pan bring water to boil for noodles and cook according to package instructions.
- In small sauce pan add paste and water. Blend until smooth, add spaghetti mix.
- Cook over medium heat until sauce begins to bubble; cover. Simmer over low until chicken is done.
- When chicken has cooked for 30 minutes, check that chicken is fully cooked (no pinkish tints when cut at thickest part) and spoon spaghetti mix over until fully covered. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and place back in oven to cook for 10 minutes or until cheese has fully melted.
- Serve remaining sauce with noodles and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TTFN-JENN.