- Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 206.5
- Total Fat: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 391.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.2 g
- Protein: 6.8 g
Healthy Whole Wheat Artisan Bread BunsSubmitted by: YAMAHANANA
IntroductionThis is my own 'brown' bread recipe, adapted here to make sandwich-suitable individual buns. This is my own 'brown' bread recipe, adapted here to make sandwich-suitable individual buns.
* Warm Water, 4 cups
* Fancy Molasses, 1/4 cup
* Canola Oil, 3 tbsp.
* Salt, 1 tbsp.
* Whole Wheat Flour, 7 1/2 cups
* Instant Yeast , 2 tbsp.
* Canola Oil, 1 tsp. (reserve - for coating the dough)
- Add the molasses, oil, and salt, and stir around until blended.
- Add about 2 cups of the flour and stir in.
- Add about 3 more cups of flour and the yeast and stir that in. You will find that it is getting a bit stiff.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of flour to that, and when you can't stir any more, turn out the dough onto a lightly dusted bread board or counter and knead for about 15 minutes. As you knead, add the last cup of flour when needed to get the stickiness out.
- Keep dusting the board with white flour to keep it from sticking to the counter.
- When the 15 minutes are up, roll the mix into a ball and take 1 tsp. of canola oil and put that in your hand and rub it over the ball of dough.
- Place in a large bowl and put in a warm place with a dish towel over it and let rise for 1 hour.
- Turn out on counter and measure it into 18 equal portions and put on pans (cookie sheets). Mine were 125 grams of dough each. To do this, flatten each portion into a circle, and place on a baking sheet that has been lightly spayed with non-stick spray, and bake for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees F. I turned them over about 12 minutes into the cooking time for even baking.
- Congratulations! You've just made your own batch of healthy artisan bread!
Number of Servings: 18
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user YAMAHANANA.