Pizza Pasta (Whole Wheat)Submitted by: J-HANSEN
IntroductionEasy Kid-Pleaser Vegetarian Dinner (contains cheese) Easy Kid-Pleaser Vegetarian Dinner (contains cheese)
* Barilla Whole-Grain Rotini, 12 serving
* Cottage Cheese, 2% Milkfat, 6 oz
* Canned Tomatoes, 1 1/3 can
* Mozzarella Cheese, part skim milk, 8 oz
* Sauce, Hunts, Cheese & Garlic, Spaghetti Sauce, 1 can
* Zucchini, 1 medium, diced
Cook the pasta. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, add the diced zucchini to the boiling noodles.
Mix together all of the ingredients except the mozzarella, and dump into a casserole dish (large 9x13). Spread the grated cheese on top.
Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
Makes 12 servings.
* Note: I usually add a little bit of garlic powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper, etc. Feel free to add spices to your taste! I also usually under cook the pasta for the casserole by about 2 minutes so that as you bake it it soaks up some of the juices from the tomato sauce. but you don't have to if you like your casserole saucy.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user J-HANSEN.