- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 576.9
- Total Fat: 6.1 g
- Cholesterol: 80.0 mg
- Sodium: 2,066.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 97.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 36.5 g
Sweet Southern Grilling ... InsideSubmitted by: TTFN-JENN
IntroductionThis is a meal! Glazed chicken with rice and veggies, all with a kick and mouth watering! This is a meal! Glazed chicken with rice and veggies, all with a kick and mouth watering!
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp white distilled vinegar ((Optional - see directions))
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 large zucchini (4 medium)
- 2 Summer (Yellow) Squash
- 4 packets Perdue Perfect Potions Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 packets Uncle Ben's Ready Rice
Applebee's "Honey Grilled Salmon" but for Chicken.
**This recipe is high in sodium because of the soy sauce. There is light/low sodium soy sauce available.
When preparing this recipe I forgot to add the vinegar and had a MUCH easier time getting the sauce to thicken after a longer cooking time of roughly 20 minutes.
- In medium sauce pan combine ingredients for sauce and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Stir sauce continually until beginning to boil, then stir occasionally. Watch that sauce does not bubble over.
- While sauce is boiling, chop veggies into desired bite size. If you have the new ziplock steamers, this is probably a great time to use them otherwise place in skillet and cover. Cook at medium heat, stirring occassionally to prevent veggies from sticking.
- Turn sauce heat to low and allow to simmer and thicken.
- Heat an additional skillet to medium for chicken. Cook chicken, flipping frequently to prevent burning, for roughly 15 minutes or until nicely browned.
- If you used a steamer bag, place veggies in skillet and heat to medium. Drizzle 1/4 cup of sauce over veggies and allow to sautee.
- Once chicken is done, drizzle enough sauce to coat each side of the chicken.
- Cook rice according to package.
- Remove veggies from heat and allow to cool, stirring occassionally to continually coat veggies.
- Serve rice with 1/4* cup sauce and drizzle one side of chicken. Serve veggies.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TTFN-JENN.