Pineapple Chili SeafoodSubmitted by: KRISTIN9924
IntroductionThis is my attempt to recreate a dish that I had in Chinatown (NYC). It still needs a little work, but it is pretty good. This is my attempt to recreate a dish that I had in Chinatown (NYC). It still needs a little work, but it is pretty good.
1 tbsp olive oil, for stir frying
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
2 cm ginger, chopped
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 red bell pepper, discard the seed and thinly angle cut
10 baby corn
1/2 cup water chestnuts
2 - 3 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce for chicken (I used Aroy brand)
2 tbsp ketchup
250 g diced (1 cm x1 cm) fresh pineapple
150 ml water
1 tsp cornstarch, dissolve in water
1/2 lb of Orange Roughy (or other mild white fish)
3 oz cooked shrimp
2. Stir fry onion, ginger and garlic unti fragrant.
3. Add sliced peppers, stir until wilted.
4. Add water (with cornstarch), chili sauce, ketchup, salt, lime juice, diced pineapple, baby corn, water chestnut; stir evenly for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add fish, cover, and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Serve over brown rice.
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KRISTIN9924.