Zan's Chewy Granola BarsSubmitted by: RKBILLYGEEKGIRL
IntroductionFun and tasty granola bars made to your liking. Great as a snack any normal day or while hiking or backpacking. Fun and tasty granola bars made to your liking. Great as a snack any normal day or while hiking or backpacking.
3 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 cup Flaxseed
1/2 cup Wheat Germ
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
6 tbsp Butter, softened
2 tbsp Better'n Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Honey
1/2 cup Applesauce, unsweetened
1/4 cup Brown Sugar, packed
1 cup Miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
2. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan or line with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, combine oats, flaxseed, wheat germ and flour. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, honey, applesauce, baking soda, vanilla and brown sugar.
5. Add dry ingredients and stir until well mixed.
6. Stir in any additional items (chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, etc.)
7. Press mixture into prepared pan evenly.
8. Bake at 325 degrees F for 18 to 22 minutes or until it appears golden brown.
9. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into bars. Or refrigerate until cool then cut into bars (preferred method).
10. Store in an airtight container.
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ZANSIDHE.