Catfish CakesSubmitted by: ITZANEWBGININ
IntroductionI love seafood and the benefits it provides. This is something new I discovered, that has amazing flavor without too many calories. I love seafood and the benefits it provides. This is something new I discovered, that has amazing flavor without too many calories.
1 LB of Catfish
1 1/2 Tbsp. of Miracle Whip
1/4 cup of Italian Style Breadcrumbs
1/4 up of Italian blended shredded cheese
1 Tbsp. of Worchestershire Sauce
1 Tsp. of Honey Mustard
A few shots of Hot Sauce to taste
1/2 medium yellow onion
1 tsp. of bacon grease
*Salt, pepper, bay leaves, garlic powder, onion powder, dash of ginger and nutmeg, and basil. Feel free to substitute with Old Bay seasoning( I didnt have any).
2. Wash catfish, pat dry, cut into 8 pieces and boil in water for 8-10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, dice the onion and set aside.
4.When catfish is white and flaky remove from the boiling water into a large bowl.
5. Flake and separate, then place in freezer for 8 minutes.
6. Remove, add onions, Miracle whip, honey mustard, hot sauce, Worchestershire sauce, and *seasonings to YOUR taste.
7. Beat egg in separate bowl and then add to the fish mixture.
8. Blend until mixed well. And divide into 4 even section while in the bowl.
9. Heat a skillet over med/high heat. Spray with cooking spray and add bacon grease(for a little extra flavor).
10. Form the fish into patties and cook 5 minutes per a side, and golden brown.
This recipe makes four-1 patty servings for only 207 calories each! I like mine with salad, and some type of grain.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ITZANEWBGININ.