CI 30-minute MeatloafSubmitted by: KAZB0T
17 Saltine crackers , crushed fine (about 2/3 cup)
1/4 cup milk (1%)
3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
1 - 1 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 large egg
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 pound lean ground beef
2 teaspoons canola oil
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
5 teaspoons cider vinegar
1. For the meatloaves: Adjust oven rack to middle position, place broiler pan with slotted top on oven rack, and heat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Mix cracker crumbs, milk, Worcestershire, parsley, mustard, egg, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in large bowl. Add meat and mix with hands until evenly combined. Form into 4 tightly packed loaves, each measuring 4 by 3 inches.
3. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Cook loaves until well browned on top and bottom, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
4. For the glaze: While meat is browning, combine ketchup, brown sugar, and vinegar in bowl.
5. To finish: Carefully transfer loaves to slotted broiler-pan top and spoon 1 tablespoon glaze over each loaf. Bake until thermometer inserted in middle of loaf registers 160 degrees, 7 to 9 minutes. Let loaves rest on broiler pan for 3 minutes. Serve, passing remaining glaze separately.
Make Ahead The loaves can be formed, wrapped with plastic, and refrigerated overnight. Let the loaves sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before proceeding with step 3.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KAZB0T.