- Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 287.8
- Total Fat: 11.6 g
- Cholesterol: 10.5 mg
- Sodium: 307.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 4.3 g
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Layer CakeSubmitted by: SASWOPE
IntroductionSlightly modified from Kraft foods Luscious Four-Layer Pumpkin Cake. Delicious!! Makes a great change from pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving. Slightly modified from Kraft foods Luscious Four-Layer Pumpkin Cake. Delicious!! Makes a great change from pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving.
- 1 pkg Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin, divided
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil
- 1 cup Egg Substitute (Egg Beaters) (or 4 large eggs)
- 1-1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice, divided
- 1 pkg (8oz) Cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip Lite, thawed
- 1/4 cup Smuckers caramel ice cream topping (optional and not included in calorie calculation)
- Beat cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs, and 1 tsp spice in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round pans.
- Bake 28-30 min or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 min. Remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese in medium bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar, remaining pumpkin and spice; mix well. Gently stire in Cool Whip. Cut each cake layer horizontally in half with a serrated knife; stack on a serving plate, spreading cream cheese filling between layers. Do NOT frost the top layer.
- Drizzle with caramel topping and nuts just before serving if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Instead of flour, reserve a little cake mix to dust the greased pan to keep the cake from sticking and not taste like flour.
- How to slice and stack layer cakes: Place 1 of the cooled cake layers on a serving plate. Make 2-inch horizontal cut around the side of the cake, using a long serrated knife. Cut all the way through the cake layer to make the 2 layers. Remove the top layer by sliding it onto a 9-inch round cake cardboard circle or flat plate or cutting board. Frost the cake layer on the plate with 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture. Slide the top half of the split cake layer from the cardboard circle into the frosted layer on the plate. Place the remaining unsplit cake layer on a cutting board. Cut into 2 layers as done for the first layer. Repeat the process of transferring cake layers to the stacked cake layers on the plate using the cardboard circle.
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SASWOPE.