Whole Oat PorridgeSubmitted by: RAZAYOTAIR
IntroductionHealthy home made Oat Porridge Healthy home made Oat Porridge
1 cup Whole Oats
1 cup 1% milk
1 cup water
Pinch of Salt
Sweetner of choice
Cinemon or fruit (optional)
2. Add the oats, pinch of salt and mix together. Bring to the boil.
3. Simmer on a low light for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and leave settle for another 5 minutes.
5. Makes 3 portions. Add cinemon, fruit, jam or whatever you fancy. Can be served hot or cold.
6. It can be made in advance and then you will find all the liquid will be absorbed. If you re-heat, then you can add a little more water or milk to mke it less solid.
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user RAZAYOTAIR.