Spinach RiceSubmitted by: SAASHA17
IntroductionThis is a simple Indian dish that goes well with a spicy curry. This is a simple Indian dish that goes well with a spicy curry.
* White Rice, long grain, 2 cup
* Spinach, fresh, 1 bunch (blanched and puree)
* Onions, raw, 1 large
* *ghee (1 Tbsp. = 15 ml), 2 serving
* *Ginger & Garlic Paste, 1 tbsp
* *Garam Masala, 1 tsp
* *Mouintain High Non Fat Yoghurt, .25 cup
* Granulated Sugar, .5 tsp
* Salt, 1 tsp
* *mint leave, 2 tbsp (remove)
* Jalapeno Peppers, 1 pepper (remove)
Add the ginger garlic paste and crushed mint-green chillis and saute further for 5 mts
. Add the spinach puree and cook further for another 8-10 mts.
Add yogurt and combine and allow to cook for a mt, stirring
Add the washed rice and saute for 2 mts. Add 3 1/2 cups water and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, , cover with lid and cook till rice is done.
Serve hot with raita or any curry of your choice.
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SAASHA17.